I fondly remember my grandmother decorating the Christmas tree with foil covered walnuts on string. Talk about imagination and making something out of practically nothing. She used to have me save colorful candy wrappers and use them. Creativity can be found in the most unusual places.
My parents are on a fabulous sea adventure for two weeks and to distract my flight weary mom I made her a tiny little album with some pictures and embellishments but plenty of spaces for her to add her own photos. I completely relied on what I had on hand, scraps, odd and ends and some embellishments I created while testing out new tools/techniques.
• 8 x 8 piece of pink card stock, medium weight, scored and cut into an accordion fold by square. The original instructions I saw on YouTube's Splitcoaststamper video but never wrote them down so everything was done from memory. It's so rewarding then it works out the first time. I guess all those years of playing with paper pays off now.
• Length of gingham ribbon - 10 inches
• 4 cream color card stock squares cut to 3 x 3 inches with corners punched with We Are Memory Keepers corner rounder at 1/4 inch
• Loads of embellishments - some purchased and some created
• Print out of photos, on regular printer paper to save on the bulk of the finished project