I have been asked for a while to show the step by step of this adorable single page mini. Here are the adaptations for a 2.5 x 2.5 finished size from Dawn's original.
|Constructed 2.5 x 2.5 Mini - using just one 7x10 sheet of paper|
- Start with trimming down your preferred paper to 7 x 10 inches (17.8 x 25.4 cm)
- Score the 10 inch (25.4 cm) at 2.5 in (6.4 cm), 5 in (12.7 cm) & 7.5 in (19.1 cm)
- Fold all score lines and cut center line (lengthwise = the longest side) 3/4 of the way. I show it in the video below in case you want to see it before you cut. Remember - measure twice, cut once.
- Fold and add Red Line tape, or another strong adhesive, to pocket ends on both sides and center cut piece. Again, in the video it's easier to see and understand this step.
- Adhere 2 piece of Chipboard cut the same size as the mini 2.5 x 2.5 in
- Cut a ribbon or seam binding to 11 in (27.9 cm) for a bow effect closure or 9 in (22.9 cm) for the example I use
- Lay a piece of Red Line tape across the front cover, wrap around the spine (loosely) and across the back cover for the ribbon. Press the ribbon onto the tape.
- Cut 2 pieces of paper you want to cover your mini - I used Kraft paper from Hobby Lobby and ran mine through a Cuttlebug Embossing folder - Script
- Add Red Line tape to the back side of embossed paper, both front & back and adhere to the chipboard
- Cut a piece of paper for the binding - 2.5 x 2 in (6.4 x 5.1 cm), score at 3/4 in & 1.25 (1.9 & 3.2 cm)
- Add Red Line tape to the inside flaps of the binding leaving the center 1/2 in free of tape for easy movement of the completed mini
- Press the taped paper to the mini front & back going around the spine
- Now you all you have left to do is add flowers, bling, sentiment, whatever you'd like. Don't forget to share if you create one.