Fresh Garden Gazpacho with Ranch Chickpea Croutons
- 2 lb of fresh vine ripe tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- 1 stalk of celery, light center one if possible
- 1/2 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, pealed
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, pealed and chopped, reserve a couple of spoon fulls for topping
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- Hot Sauce to taste (heat will intensify as it sits so be mindful of that)
- 1 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons of parsley or dill (your preference) I also reserve some for topping
Place all the veggies in a food processor, pulse till incorporated and to the consistency you like. I prefer a bit of texture. Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire, hot sauce and a drizzle of olive oil and pulse once or twice to mix. Transfer into a pitcher and refrigerate for at least an hour. Use the reserved dill/parsley and diced cucumbers for toppings in addition to Chickpea Croutons.
Ranch Chickpea Croutons
Drain and rinse a 15 oz can of your favorite garbanzo/chickpeas. Pat dry on a cookie sheet, drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil and two tablespoons of Ranch dressing mix. Make sure all chickpeas are coated. Roast in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes or so (check often), shake the pan to prevent scorching. Let cool before using. Sprinkle on Gazpacho or eat as a crunchy snack. These are similar to Corn Nuts but home made.
P.S. The following morning leftover Gazpacho in a blender makes a great breakfast juice!