Pineapple: skinned, quartered and juiced. No sugar added, the perfectly ripe fruit was plenty sweet.
Strawberries: washed, cut and juiced. I was going to add a dash of Agave but last minuted decided not to.
Citrus Burst: 2 oranges, 1 lemon, 1 lime - all peeled and juiced. No sugar added because the orange juice had a perfect amount.
Punch: all of the above leftover juices combined into one. The pineapple juice was about a cup while the others only a bit was left but enough to create the punch flavor.
Hazelnut Coffee: I brewed a large cup of Hazelnut coffee in my Kuereg and added Hazelnut creamer, let it come up to room temp and filled the Zipzicle bags.
Don't forget to leave a comment for a chance to win a 12 pack of these!
Why I like these self sealing freezer pop bags:
- Just the perfect size for a treat
- Fill line shows you where to stop
- Re-sealing allows you to close for travel - backseat treat, after game cool off, morning grab along when filled with yogurt and granola
- Not just for frozen treats but ideal for optimizing herbs when fresh in season to save in the freezer
- Either washable (from/for family) or disposable - your choice
- 12 per package
- Easy to fill even without a funnel (although one is recommended)
- Zipzicles are 100% virgin plastic and contain no plastizers. Made of FDA approved Food Grade LDPE (low density plyethylene) and LLDPE (linear low density plyethylene) that is 3 mm thick. It is BPA-free and are recyclable under #4 category.
I can see using these for the following:
- Herbs from season for use later in the year
- Chicken, Veggie, Meat base to use in sauces
- Adult Drinks - think of this as the next evolution from jello shots
- On the go breakfast - yogurt with granola - no utensils needed
What would you use these for?
I've been looking everywhere for these! We have a baby girl + one on the way. Wanted to start "fresh" with our family (no processed store-bought foods)ReplyDelete
Best fruit-punch EVER!: 3 apples, 1 orange, 20 strawberries.