- I use a stainless tin to store the batteries, all with the + side up that does not touch the lid
- Easy to keep all the various sizes in one place and avoids the digging in the bottom of the 'junk' drawer
- Inside the lid I keep track of sizes that I am running low on, like AAA in this picture
- I replace the batteries in smoke detectors twice a year - each time we change the clocks
- I replace the batteries in all household remotes once a year
- I always include batteries with gifts requiring batteries because it's just annoying not to be able to enjoy a new toy because you don't have the ability to power it up - especially kid's stuff
- I only buy batteries when they are on sale and with coupons, NEVER when I 'need' them because I always have them on hand.
I hope this helps you plan to never be out when you need a battery.