These look complicated but they are not:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbls Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 can of Condensed (Low Sodium) Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 package of 10 oz frozen corn or 1 1/2 cups fresh corn cut off the cob
- 8 oz of mushrooms, sauted
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup sour cream (low fat or regular, not fat free)
- Salt & Black pepper to taste
- 2 tbs shredded cheese for tops
Saute ground beef till crumbled and cooked. To the saute pan add all ingredients through and including the parsley. Peel and cut potatoes, boil till fork tender then drain and mash with salt, black pepper and sour cream. Spoon meat mixture into large muffin pans (no need to spray) to just below the rim of the tin. I used a small ice cream scoop to top each 'muffin' with 7 balls of mashed potatoes then sprinkled each with a bit of cheese because let's face it, who doesn't like a little crispy cheese on top of potato. Cook in 375° F oven for 35 minutes or until the cheese is to your preferred color.
I like your various ideas for portion control. Sorry you day was so hectic. :)ReplyDelete
Thank you Rita, I use cooking as my therapy. It helps center and ground me and there is a bonus of a tasty treat in the end. Can't beat that.Delete
P.S. Thank you so much for following my blog and watching as well as commenting on my posts. I truly appreciate it!