- One can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 12 oz of fresh spinach or 1/2 box of 10 oz frozen
- 1 small can (4 oz) button mushrooms or 10 oz fresh sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons of onion jam (caramelized onions I make once a week to add to quick recipes)
- 1 tablespoon or to your taste of Sambal (Asian Garlic Sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon course ground garlic powder
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
Saute spinach till wilted but still green then add chickpeas, bell pepper and mushrooms. Once heated through, about 3 minutes, add onion jam, lemon juice, garlic powder, Sambal and Turmeric. Mix well and serve either as is for a lunch, over rice or couscous for a heartier meal or as a side. The heat can be adjusted to your taste, we like a spice that lingers but doesn't make you grab for a fire extinguisher.
Post a Comment
I love comments and constructive critiques, just be kind, this is just for fun after all.