Taking a break from my Halloween Card Series to make a couple of cards for World Card Making Day on USTREAM. Thank you for everyone who kept me company and provided feedback while I played around with new stamps and a new card size.
- The entire reason for this unusual 3.5x6.25 inch card is because I went to use an A2 Staples Invitation Envelope and every single one in the box was glued shut.
- I did pick up a box of Mead #6 3/4 Security envelopes at the local Dollar Store for shipping twine orders.
- Necessity being the 'Mother' of invention - I grabbed one and measures the size card that would fit and cut that from a 12x12 white Bazzil card stock.
- My now infamous black report cover layer, cut at 3.25x6 inches and the Graphic 45 Halloween in Wonderland pattern paper cut to 3x5.75 inches.
- Stephanie Bernard's Stamps of Life October Monthly stamp release was used for the sentiment and postage images. These were semi-fussy cut by using my hole punch technique, at least till Stephanie releases the dies that accompany this set on the 20th of this month.
- Coordinating nicely with the stamp set, are the Postage Stamp Frames from Sizzix that were used as background textures.
- Wild Orchid Crafts' Moss Green Mulberry Paper flowers were sprinkled on the card in random spots to fill out the negative space and compliment the purples.
Because I wanted this card to be received by the Birthday Girl and not be mistaken for a bill, I used the TPC Studios stamp set from my Jo-Ann Haul to decorate the front and back.
- I had one more card folded to fit the Security envelopes but took a 'vintage' turn on this Bon Voyage card. Using the Quickutz England set from Scrapbuck.com and a 2x2 QuicKutz Luggage die to decorate it.
- The brown base paper layer was stamped using Gathered Twigs Distress Ink from Tim Holtz/Ranger and the stamps from TPC Studio - World Traveler.
- Tiny brown blink on Big Ben round out the front.