On Mondays I try to mix things up for #MeatlessMonday options so when I saw a half a small head of cauliflower in the fridge I knew exactly what it would be used for - 'Faux-Fredo'!
Keep in mind, this is my own recipe (although I am not professionally taught, I know what tastes are appreciated by both my husband and myself)
Cauliflower Faux-Fredo Recipe:
- 2 cups of cauliflower, chopped small
- 1 lemon - for both zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese - I had 3 cheese bland on hand
- 2-4 tablespoons of milk (skim, 1% or 2%, your preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup Kalamata Olives, cut in half as topping over Fettucini
Place chopped cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl with a tablespoon of water for 8 minutes on high. I used an immersion blender in a tall container to blend the cooked cauliflower with the rest of the ingredients and placed it over warm cooked fettucini. Using tongs, mix the sauce into the pasta, top with Kalamata olives, enjoy!
Thank you Mandi, I had some of the leftovers for lunch today. Love 3 minute lunch prep!Delete