- 2 lb skinless chicken breast, cubed into bite size pieces
- 1 pint white rice, yes leftovers from Chinese meal over the weekend
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno, fine diced
- 1 medium size white or yellow onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, fine chopped
- 14 oz can drained and rinsed pinto beans
- 1/2 pickled jalapeno
- 4 cups homemade turkey stock
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- salt & fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Saute chicken in a heavy bottom pot till starts to turn golden brown, if necessary do this part in batches to prevent overcrowding the pan. Remove the cooked chicken to a plate to use the pot to saute the veggies. Once veggies are translucent, about 8-10 minutes on medium heat, add back chicken, stock and spices, mix well and taste for flavor and salt. Then add remaining ingredients and simmer on low for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. You can also pop the pot in the oven at 325° F for 30 minutes if you are not able to babysit the pot.
Serve with a sprinkling of Malt vinegar, that was a hit tonight!
Post a Comment
I love comments and constructive critiques, just be kind, this is just for fun after all.