As a part of a trial package from BzzAgent, both my husband and I tried each of the five varieties of Cafe Escape flavors and are providing an honest review of the product based on our personal tastes. This review is just that - our opinion but we feel it's
- Cafe Vanilla - Paulie liked this one OK but I found it to be watery and somewhat flat in flavor with a bit more sweetness than I prefer
- Cafe Milk Chocolate - Paulie enjoyed this one the most, I was indifferent to put it politely. I found it too watery and lacking the promised lush mouth feel
- Cafe Dark Chocolate - my favorite of the five, Paulie's least favorite. It's funny how tastes can differ so greatly. The only observation I can make about this flavor - when I removed the cup once the brew process completed and supposedly all the flavor was extracted, a thick glop of dark chocolate concentrate developed directly below the spout on my Keurig. I didn't move the cup prematurely but it seems like there was more there that didn't make it to my palate. Being curious, I help up the 'spent' K-Cup to a light source and there appeared to be about a quarter inch of something left at the bottom. I expected that for hot chocolates, pretty much everything would be vacated from the K-Cup leaving just the plastic shell, unlike with coffee leaving grounds behind
- Cafe Chai Latte - The gene for enjoying Chai must be on the same DNA strand as Cilantro - and I must be missing both. I do not enjoy the smell or taste of either and this was by far my least favorite. Again, ironically, Paulie enjoyed this one quote a bit. Go figure!
- Cafe Mocha - I liked this one, smoother and more flavorful than the rest I tried. Paulie was lukewarm to it.
- Cafe Caramel - I thought it was way too sweet and not the caramel flavor I expected, Paulie didn't finish it and thought it was not 'caramelly enough' for his liking.
Would we buy these - possibly a couple of them, if they were on sale but not likely at full price in the grocery store. It was interesting to taste test these.