I boiled up the oldest eggs in the fridge, started in cold water with a splash of distilled vinegar, brought to a boil and turned off. I cracked one open to make sure they are at the right doneness and then plunged all of them in cold water to stop the cooping and help them peel easier. Someone (hubby) must have added fresher eggs to this carton because some were just not cooperating. The thin skin right inside the egg shell doesn't start to form till a few days after being laid so some of these were missing it entirely.
The filling is:
- Yolks of 12 eggs, smashed with a fork
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil Mayo
- 1 tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar or Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon of Horseradish Sauce
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh dill
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Sweet Paprika for decorating tops of finished eggs as shown in the photo above
P.S. The left overs were mashed into egg salad. Nothing wasted!